Will raise with PM issue of anti-Islam posts on FB: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday said that he would raise with the Prime Minister the issue of "anti-Islam material" on Facebook and seek a strict law against posting such objectionable material on social networking sites.
"Mulayam Singh has said that he will talk to Prime Minister over the issue of anti-Islam obscene material on Facebook and ask him to frame a strict law to prevent it," said a statement from the ruling Samajwadi party in Uttar Pradesh.
Yadav said that he will also raise the issue in Parliament.
The SP leader made this statement after party president of Mumbai unit Abu Asim Azmi informed him about it.
Azmi has written a letter to Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra RR Patil and asked him to check such acts, it said.
He also requested the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister "to look into the matter and use his clout to check anti-Islam activity on Facebook", the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!