Will raise with PM issue of anti-Islam posts on FB: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday said that he would raise with the Prime Minister the issue of "anti-Islam material" on Facebook and seek a strict law against posting such objectionable material on social networking sites.
"Mulayam Singh has said that he will talk to Prime Minister over the issue of anti-Islam obscene material on Facebook and ask him to frame a strict law to prevent it," said a statement from the ruling Samajwadi party in Uttar Pradesh.
Yadav said that he will also raise the issue in Parliament.
The SP leader made this statement after party president of Mumbai unit Abu Asim Azmi informed him about it.
Azmi has written a letter to Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra RR Patil and asked him to check such acts, it said.
He also requested the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister "to look into the matter and use his clout to check anti-Islam activity on Facebook", the statement said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!