`Will verify members’ signatures on notices`
Lucknow: Taking note of the absence of members after giving notices on various topics for discussion in the House, Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey today said that he would verify signatures on the notices to check whether they themselves give these or others.
"The members used to give notices and then remain absent. I will verify signatures on their notices to see whether they themselves gave them or some others used to give notices on their behalf," Pandey said after noticing that a number of members were absent after submitting notices.
Meanwhile, during the zero hour, BSP members raised the issue of reported rape of a 11-year-old deaf and dumb girl in Allahabad alleging that the accused was sent free by a panchayat after charging fine of Rs 21,000.
Describing it as a serious matter, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya demanded from the government to ensure action against the police and panchayat members who took the decision.
Replying to this, Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Mohammad Azam Khan, said that it was a sensitive and serious issue and the state government would do everything in its capacity to ensure justice to the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble