`Will verify members’ signatures on notices`
Lucknow: Taking note of the absence of members after giving notices on various topics for discussion in the House, Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey today said that he would verify signatures on the notices to check whether they themselves give these or others.
"The members used to give notices and then remain absent. I will verify signatures on their notices to see whether they themselves gave them or some others used to give notices on their behalf," Pandey said after noticing that a number of members were absent after submitting notices.
Meanwhile, during the zero hour, BSP members raised the issue of reported rape of a 11-year-old deaf and dumb girl in Allahabad alleging that the accused was sent free by a panchayat after charging fine of Rs 21,000.
Describing it as a serious matter, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya demanded from the government to ensure action against the police and panchayat members who took the decision.
Replying to this, Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Mohammad Azam Khan, said that it was a sensitive and serious issue and the state government would do everything in its capacity to ensure justice to the girl.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today