`Will verify members’ signatures on notices`
Lucknow: Taking note of the absence of members after giving notices on various topics for discussion in the House, Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey today said that he would verify signatures on the notices to check whether they themselves give these or others.
"The members used to give notices and then remain absent. I will verify signatures on their notices to see whether they themselves gave them or some others used to give notices on their behalf," Pandey said after noticing that a number of members were absent after submitting notices.
Meanwhile, during the zero hour, BSP members raised the issue of reported rape of a 11-year-old deaf and dumb girl in Allahabad alleging that the accused was sent free by a panchayat after charging fine of Rs 21,000.
Describing it as a serious matter, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya demanded from the government to ensure action against the police and panchayat members who took the decision.
Replying to this, Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Mohammad Azam Khan, said that it was a sensitive and serious issue and the state government would do everything in its capacity to ensure justice to the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SCs, STs, OBCs with 50 pc marks in Master's eligible for NET: Govt
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.8 billion: 10 things to know
- Maharashtra CID to seek custody of Dabholkar murder accused Virendra Tawde
- NGOs to be considered public servants, have to disclose assets and liabilities: Report
- Army Chief pays homage to martyrs on Kargil Vijay Divas