Winter chill returns in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With icy winds blowing in many parts of the state, fog and the winter chill returned to Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
The day and night temperatures have fell considerably in the state capital and other cities including Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Meerut, Aligarh, Etawah and Shahajanpur, the weatherman said.
According to the regional Met office, the chill had resurfaced largely owing to the heavy snowfall in the hills. The missing sun has only added to the winter woes.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature in Lucknow was six notches below normal at 17.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature plummeted to 5.9 degree Celsius - three notches below normal.
The situation is likely to continue for two more days, a weather official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Call drops: Telcos commit Rs 20,000 crore for towers, seek new spectrum
- England vs Pakistan 2nd Test, Day 4 at Old Trafford – As it happened..
- Gold falls further by Rs 70 to Rs 30,680 per ten grams
- Suicide bomber kills 12 at checkpoint north of Baghdad
- Lok Sabha expresses concern over missing Indian Air Force's AN 32 aircraft