Winter chill returns in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With icy winds blowing in many parts of the state, fog and the winter chill returned to Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
The day and night temperatures have fell considerably in the state capital and other cities including Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Meerut, Aligarh, Etawah and Shahajanpur, the weatherman said.
According to the regional Met office, the chill had resurfaced largely owing to the heavy snowfall in the hills. The missing sun has only added to the winter woes.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature in Lucknow was six notches below normal at 17.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature plummeted to 5.9 degree Celsius - three notches below normal.
The situation is likely to continue for two more days, a weather official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000