Winter chill returns in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With icy winds blowing in many parts of the state, fog and the winter chill returned to Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
The day and night temperatures have fell considerably in the state capital and other cities including Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Meerut, Aligarh, Etawah and Shahajanpur, the weatherman said.
According to the regional Met office, the chill had resurfaced largely owing to the heavy snowfall in the hills. The missing sun has only added to the winter woes.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature in Lucknow was six notches below normal at 17.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature plummeted to 5.9 degree Celsius - three notches below normal.
The situation is likely to continue for two more days, a weather official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah