Winter chill returns in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With icy winds blowing in many parts of the state, fog and the winter chill returned to Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
The day and night temperatures have fell considerably in the state capital and other cities including Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Meerut, Aligarh, Etawah and Shahajanpur, the weatherman said.
According to the regional Met office, the chill had resurfaced largely owing to the heavy snowfall in the hills. The missing sun has only added to the winter woes.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature in Lucknow was six notches below normal at 17.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature plummeted to 5.9 degree Celsius - three notches below normal.
The situation is likely to continue for two more days, a weather official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins