Winter chill returns in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With icy winds blowing in many parts of the state, fog and the winter chill returned to Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
The day and night temperatures have fell considerably in the state capital and other cities including Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Meerut, Aligarh, Etawah and Shahajanpur, the weatherman said.
According to the regional Met office, the chill had resurfaced largely owing to the heavy snowfall in the hills. The missing sun has only added to the winter woes.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature in Lucknow was six notches below normal at 17.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature plummeted to 5.9 degree Celsius - three notches below normal.
The situation is likely to continue for two more days, a weather official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final