Wipe out Congress, form SP led govt at Centre: Mulayam to youths
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today asked youths to repeat 1977`s wipe out of Congress in the Loksabha polls and make SP led third front government at the Centre.
"When in leadership of Lok Nayak Jaiprakash youth rose in 1974, it wiped out Congress in 1977. You all have to repeat the history and make a third front government led by SP at the centre", Yadav said while addressing a programme organised on the culmination of party`s Cycle Yatra, which started from New Delhi on February 23.
"This is the best opportunity for SP as the public is with us. If we failed at this moment, you have to repent. If party leaders and workers got united, SP will get good number of seats", he said.
Attacking BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi,he said that "some liars" have arrived here and making false claims of development.
"What has he (Modi) done in Gujarat, where 89 per cent women and 90 per cent men are working as labourers...SP does what it used to promise", Yadav claimed.
SP state president and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that a number of forces were trying to stop SP from getting good seats from here but youths would give them befitting reply in elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof