With polls near, retirement age raised in UP
Lucknow: In a bonanza for Uttar Pradesh
employees ahead of assembly elections in the state, the
Mayawati government on Saturday decided to raise the retirement age
of regular employees under the public enterprise from 58 to 60
It also took a decision to grant three assured career
promotions on completion of 10, 16 and 26 years of service,
an official release said here.
The state government employees would get their second
promotion on completion of 16 years of service instead of 18
years earlier, it said.
The time-period of 10 and 26 years for first and third
promotions would continue as before, the release said.
A decision was also taken to amend the grade pay for the
clerical staff which would put an additional burden of Rs 555
crore on the state exchequer, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?