With polls near, retirement age raised in UP
Lucknow: In a bonanza for Uttar Pradesh
employees ahead of assembly elections in the state, the
Mayawati government on Saturday decided to raise the retirement age
of regular employees under the public enterprise from 58 to 60
It also took a decision to grant three assured career
promotions on completion of 10, 16 and 26 years of service,
an official release said here.
The state government employees would get their second
promotion on completion of 16 years of service instead of 18
years earlier, it said.
The time-period of 10 and 26 years for first and third
promotions would continue as before, the release said.
A decision was also taken to amend the grade pay for the
clerical staff which would put an additional burden of Rs 555
crore on the state exchequer, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter