With polls near, retirement age raised in UP
Lucknow: In a bonanza for Uttar Pradesh
employees ahead of assembly elections in the state, the
Mayawati government on Saturday decided to raise the retirement age
of regular employees under the public enterprise from 58 to 60
It also took a decision to grant three assured career
promotions on completion of 10, 16 and 26 years of service,
an official release said here.
The state government employees would get their second
promotion on completion of 16 years of service instead of 18
years earlier, it said.
The time-period of 10 and 26 years for first and third
promotions would continue as before, the release said.
A decision was also taken to amend the grade pay for the
clerical staff which would put an additional burden of Rs 555
crore on the state exchequer, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her