Withdraw cases against farmers: RLD MP to Akhilesh
Lucknow: A Rashtriya Lok Dal MP on Saturday
wrote a letter to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav demanding withdrawal of cases against farmers who, he said, had opposed forced land acquisition in the state.
In his letter, MP Jayant Chaudhary demanded that cases filed against farmers protesting forced land acquisition in Mathura, Agra, Meerut, Allahabad and other places for various projects be withdrawn immediately, RLD spokesman Anil Dubey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets