Withdraw cases against farmers: RLD MP to Akhilesh
Lucknow: A Rashtriya Lok Dal MP on Saturday
wrote a letter to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav demanding withdrawal of cases against farmers who, he said, had opposed forced land acquisition in the state.
In his letter, MP Jayant Chaudhary demanded that cases filed against farmers protesting forced land acquisition in Mathura, Agra, Meerut, Allahabad and other places for various projects be withdrawn immediately, RLD spokesman Anil Dubey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months