Witness in Nitish Katara murder case attacked
Ghaziabad: The elder brother of Nitish Katara has lodged an FIR against unidentified persons alleging that they had made an attempt on his life, and named politician DP Yadav as the mastermind of the attack.
Ajay Katara filed the FIR at the Sahibabad police station in which he also alleged that the unidentified men had threatened him with dire consequences and vandalising his property.
He alleged that former Lok Sabha MP DP Yadav was behind this attack.
DP Yadav`s son Vikas is behind the bars in the Nitish Katara murder case.
According to the FIR, Ajay claimed the unidentified men had tried to smother him under the wheels of a dumper.
Police said Ajay was returning to his home at Sahibabad on Wednesday night when a loaded dumper began to trail his car from near Ashok Vatika.
The dumper hit his car from behind, they said, adding that the driver then threatened to kill Ajay when he confronted him.
The driver managed to flee from the spot, they said.
Ajay`s lawyer Khalid Khan said his client sustained injuries in the Wednesday night`s incident.
Police have registered a case against the unknown person under various sections of IPC including the one related to attempt to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all