Woman arrested for Kanpur doctor`s murder
Kanpur: A 24-year-old woman was arrested on Friday from Govind Nagar area here for allegedly murdering a doctor in a hotel in Rania area of neighbouring Kanpur Dehat district on July 21.
Dr Satish Chandra, 42, posted at Amrodha Primary Health Centre was found dead in the hotel with his throat and private parts slit, SSP Kanpur Yashasvi Yadav told reporters here.
The woman claimed that the doctor had been exploiting her sexually for the last 13 years by injecting her sedatives, the police official said.
She does not appear to be in a sound mental condition and had been undergoing treatment for this, Yadav said.
After a telephonic conversation on July 16, the two met in the hotel on July 21 and had liquor after which she murdered the doctors and slit his genitals, according to the police official.
She also tried to courier the chopped body parts to the doctor`s family, he said.
En route to delivering the package, the courier employee saw blood stains on the package and contacted the police who seized the parcel after seeing its contents.
Details provided by the courier company employees helped in tracing the accused, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'