Woman beaten to death by husband, in-laws for dowry in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly beaten to death by her husband and in-laws after she failed to fulfil their dowry demands, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday at Khatoli town in the district, they said.
Ayesha got married to Irshad in Khatoli on May 30, 2010. Later, a dispute over dowry was raised in the family, they said.
The victim`s father lodged an FIR and alleged that his daughter was beaten to death when she failed to fulfil the dowry demands, D K Mittal, Circle Officer Khatoli said.
A case has been registered against the victim`s husband and in-laws, he said, adding that a search is on for the absconding accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack