Woman beaten to death by husband, in-laws for dowry in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly beaten to death by her husband and in-laws after she failed to fulfil their dowry demands, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday at Khatoli town in the district, they said.
Ayesha got married to Irshad in Khatoli on May 30, 2010. Later, a dispute over dowry was raised in the family, they said.
The victim`s father lodged an FIR and alleged that his daughter was beaten to death when she failed to fulfil the dowry demands, D K Mittal, Circle Officer Khatoli said.
A case has been registered against the victim`s husband and in-laws, he said, adding that a search is on for the absconding accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi