Woman beaten to death for resisting daughter`s molestation in UP
Meerut: A 45-year-old woman was bludgeoned to death when she resisted a molestation attempt on her daughter, police said Tuesday.
The woman is identified as Sitara, police said, adding, the incident that took place yesterday in Brahmpuri area also left the woman`s daughter and father injured.
According to an FIR filed by the victim`s family members, accused Raisuddin along with his brother Gyaas, nephew Shaalu, and brother-in-law Nawab, entered Sitara`s home and molested her 14-year-old daughter.
Sitara tried to resist the accused after which she was attacked by a wooden hammer repeatedly by Raisuddin, the FIR said.
The accused also attacked her daughter and father Abdul Rahman who tried to save her, police said.
Sitara was living with her father and two daughters after divorcing her husband 20 years ago, they added.
The woman was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared dead, police said.
A case has been registered against four persons, police said, adding, prime accused Raisuddin has been arrested and a hammer, the alleged weapon of crime, has been recovered from him.
Further probe in the case is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi