Woman beaten up by four villagers during panchayat in UP
Saharanpur: A woman, accused of stealing cash and jewellery in Ambheta Chand village, was on Saturday allegedly beaten up during panchayat when she refused to confess to the crime.
Seema, 35, who is clamming her innocence, declined to take oath as panchayat was called to resolve the matter of last month`s robbery where cash and jewellery worth thousands were stolen, police said.
When she refused to confess, four persons who were present during panchayat allegedly beaten her up, police said.
The woman approached police for complaint, a constable, who was filing the report, allegedly asked her to show her injuries which sparked uproar among villagers, they said.
A case has been registered and probe is in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah