Woman beaten up by four villagers during panchayat in UP
Saharanpur: A woman, accused of stealing cash and jewellery in Ambheta Chand village, was on Saturday allegedly beaten up during panchayat when she refused to confess to the crime.
Seema, 35, who is clamming her innocence, declined to take oath as panchayat was called to resolve the matter of last month`s robbery where cash and jewellery worth thousands were stolen, police said.
When she refused to confess, four persons who were present during panchayat allegedly beaten her up, police said.
The woman approached police for complaint, a constable, who was filing the report, allegedly asked her to show her injuries which sparked uproar among villagers, they said.
A case has been registered and probe is in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!
- Arjun Rampal captures priceless moments from 'Kahaani 2'! – View pics