Woman beaten up by four villagers during panchayat in UP
Saharanpur: A woman, accused of stealing cash and jewellery in Ambheta Chand village, was on Saturday allegedly beaten up during panchayat when she refused to confess to the crime.
Seema, 35, who is clamming her innocence, declined to take oath as panchayat was called to resolve the matter of last month`s robbery where cash and jewellery worth thousands were stolen, police said.
When she refused to confess, four persons who were present during panchayat allegedly beaten her up, police said.
The woman approached police for complaint, a constable, who was filing the report, allegedly asked her to show her injuries which sparked uproar among villagers, they said.
A case has been registered and probe is in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?