Woman beaten up by four villagers during panchayat in UP
Saharanpur: A woman, accused of stealing cash and jewellery in Ambheta Chand village, was on Saturday allegedly beaten up during panchayat when she refused to confess to the crime.
Seema, 35, who is clamming her innocence, declined to take oath as panchayat was called to resolve the matter of last month`s robbery where cash and jewellery worth thousands were stolen, police said.
When she refused to confess, four persons who were present during panchayat allegedly beaten her up, police said.
The woman approached police for complaint, a constable, who was filing the report, allegedly asked her to show her injuries which sparked uproar among villagers, they said.
A case has been registered and probe is in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video