Woman beaten up by four villagers during panchayat in UP
Saharanpur: A woman, accused of stealing cash and jewellery in Ambheta Chand village, was on Saturday allegedly beaten up during panchayat when she refused to confess to the crime.
Seema, 35, who is clamming her innocence, declined to take oath as panchayat was called to resolve the matter of last month`s robbery where cash and jewellery worth thousands were stolen, police said.
When she refused to confess, four persons who were present during panchayat allegedly beaten her up, police said.
The woman approached police for complaint, a constable, who was filing the report, allegedly asked her to show her injuries which sparked uproar among villagers, they said.
A case has been registered and probe is in the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video