Woman blames mother-in-law for death of toddler
Ghaziabad: A day after a woman was held for allegedly throwing her 11-month-old child from the second floor of her residence, the accused has claimed that her mother-in-law was the one who flung the toddler.
Speaking to reporters at a police station here, Pooja Sharma said, "I am not a killer of my own male child, my mother-in-law is responsible for the death of my child."
The incident took place on April 20 in Janakpuri area when Pooja had an altercation with her in-laws over some issue, police said.
In a fit of rage, she allegedly threw her child from the second floor of her house, leading to his instantaneous death.
Pooja told police that her mother-in-law, Chander Kanta, had snatched her child during the altercation and thrown him from the balcony.
Her mother-in-law, however, refuted the allegation, and Pooja`s husband, Rahul, also has held her responsible for the death of the child.
Pooja married Rahul about six years ago and they have two children, including the baby who died, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug