Woman blames mother-in-law for death of toddler
Ghaziabad: A day after a woman was held for allegedly throwing her 11-month-old child from the second floor of her residence, the accused has claimed that her mother-in-law was the one who flung the toddler.
Speaking to reporters at a police station here, Pooja Sharma said, "I am not a killer of my own male child, my mother-in-law is responsible for the death of my child."
The incident took place on April 20 in Janakpuri area when Pooja had an altercation with her in-laws over some issue, police said.
In a fit of rage, she allegedly threw her child from the second floor of her house, leading to his instantaneous death.
Pooja told police that her mother-in-law, Chander Kanta, had snatched her child during the altercation and thrown him from the balcony.
Her mother-in-law, however, refuted the allegation, and Pooja`s husband, Rahul, also has held her responsible for the death of the child.
Pooja married Rahul about six years ago and they have two children, including the baby who died, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!