Woman blames mother-in-law for death of toddler
Ghaziabad: A day after a woman was held for allegedly throwing her 11-month-old child from the second floor of her residence, the accused has claimed that her mother-in-law was the one who flung the toddler.
Speaking to reporters at a police station here, Pooja Sharma said, "I am not a killer of my own male child, my mother-in-law is responsible for the death of my child."
The incident took place on April 20 in Janakpuri area when Pooja had an altercation with her in-laws over some issue, police said.
In a fit of rage, she allegedly threw her child from the second floor of her house, leading to his instantaneous death.
Pooja told police that her mother-in-law, Chander Kanta, had snatched her child during the altercation and thrown him from the balcony.
Her mother-in-law, however, refuted the allegation, and Pooja`s husband, Rahul, also has held her responsible for the death of the child.
Pooja married Rahul about six years ago and they have two children, including the baby who died, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery