Woman blames mother-in-law for death of toddler
Ghaziabad: A day after a woman was held for allegedly throwing her 11-month-old child from the second floor of her residence, the accused has claimed that her mother-in-law was the one who flung the toddler.
Speaking to reporters at a police station here, Pooja Sharma said, "I am not a killer of my own male child, my mother-in-law is responsible for the death of my child."
The incident took place on April 20 in Janakpuri area when Pooja had an altercation with her in-laws over some issue, police said.
In a fit of rage, she allegedly threw her child from the second floor of her house, leading to his instantaneous death.
Pooja told police that her mother-in-law, Chander Kanta, had snatched her child during the altercation and thrown him from the balcony.
Her mother-in-law, however, refuted the allegation, and Pooja`s husband, Rahul, also has held her responsible for the death of the child.
Pooja married Rahul about six years ago and they have two children, including the baby who died, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?