Woman burns two daughters to death, immolates self in UP
Banda (UP): A 27-year-old woman burnt her two daughters to death before immolating herself in Lodhipur village here, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Lila Devi burnt her daughters Prashi (5) and Khushbu (3) yesterday, before setting herself on fire, they said.
While Lila died on the spot, the daughters were rushed to the hospital, where Prashi was declared brought dead and Khushbu died during treatment.
The motive behind the incident is not yet known, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO
- Russia facing Rio Olympic, Paralympic ban