Woman burns two daughters to death, immolates self in UP
Banda (UP): A 27-year-old woman burnt her two daughters to death before immolating herself in Lodhipur village here, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Lila Devi burnt her daughters Prashi (5) and Khushbu (3) yesterday, before setting herself on fire, they said.
While Lila died on the spot, the daughters were rushed to the hospital, where Prashi was declared brought dead and Khushbu died during treatment.
The motive behind the incident is not yet known, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon