Woman burns two daughters to death, immolates self in UP
Banda (UP): A 27-year-old woman burnt her two daughters to death before immolating herself in Lodhipur village here, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Lila Devi burnt her daughters Prashi (5) and Khushbu (3) yesterday, before setting herself on fire, they said.
While Lila died on the spot, the daughters were rushed to the hospital, where Prashi was declared brought dead and Khushbu died during treatment.
The motive behind the incident is not yet known, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why