Woman burns two daughters to death, immolates self in UP
Banda (UP): A 27-year-old woman burnt her two daughters to death before immolating herself in Lodhipur village here, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Lila Devi burnt her daughters Prashi (5) and Khushbu (3) yesterday, before setting herself on fire, they said.
While Lila died on the spot, the daughters were rushed to the hospital, where Prashi was declared brought dead and Khushbu died during treatment.
The motive behind the incident is not yet known, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda