Woman burns two daughters to death, immolates self in UP
Banda (UP): A 27-year-old woman burnt her two daughters to death before immolating herself in Lodhipur village here, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Lila Devi burnt her daughters Prashi (5) and Khushbu (3) yesterday, before setting herself on fire, they said.
While Lila died on the spot, the daughters were rushed to the hospital, where Prashi was declared brought dead and Khushbu died during treatment.
The motive behind the incident is not yet known, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Sent email to the wrong person? Know how to recall email on Gmail's Undo Send feature
- Shabir Choudhry rejects UN Secy Gen's letter to Pak PM as ''unimpressive''
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history