Woman burnt alive for dowry in Uttar Pradesh
Firozabad: A woman was burnt alive allegedly by her husband for dowry in Narkhi area here on Saturday.
22-year-old Samanshri was allegedly set afire by her husband Dharmveer this morning, police said.
She was rushed to a hospital where she succumbed to injuries after giving her statement to the magistrate.
Police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused after lodging an FIR on complaint of the victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?