Woman burnt alive over dowry demand in UP
Meerut: A woman was allegedly burnt alive by her in-laws over dowry demands in the Dorala area in Meerut, police said on Wednesday.
The victim was allegedly first beaten up by her in-laws on Monday morning before they poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze, police said.
She was then admitted to a private hospital where she died on Monday night, they said.
The alleged dowry amount sought by the victim`s in-laws was Rs 8 lakh, it is learnt.
A cousin of the victim`s has registered a complaint of dowry death against the husband, father-in-law and mother-in-law of the victim. The victim has a two-month-old girl with her husband, police said.
No arrests have been made in the case yet, police said, adding that the victim`s body has been handed over to her family members following a post-mortem.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani