Woman burnt to death in UP by spurned lover
Bareilly: A 30 year-old woman was charred to death after a man allegedly set her on fire when she objected to his advances in Pilibhit district, police said on Wednesday.
Anita had on Monday night complained to police on phone that a person named Pramod had made advances towards her and the police asked her to come to the police station the next day.
Pramod again made an attempt to talk to Anita yesterday and when faced with opposition he poured kerosene on Anita, a resident of Hariyapur village, and set her on fire before escaping from the spot, police said.
The victim died while she was being transferred to a hospital in Bareilly for treatment, they said.
SP Amit Verma has suspended SI in-charge, Ali Ahmed Ansari for laxity, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III