Woman burnt to death over dowry in Varanasi
Varanasi: A 22-year-old woman was
allegedly set on fire by her husband and his family over dowry
in Manduaidih area here, police said Wednesday.
Dharma had married Ajay Patel two years ago. Her
husband and in-laws used to torture her for dowry and late
last night they immolated her, they said.
The couple have a nine-month-old daughter.
Police have arrested four persons in connection with
this case, including the husband and in-laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read