Woman burnt to death over dowry in Varanasi
Varanasi: A 22-year-old woman was
allegedly set on fire by her husband and his family over dowry
in Manduaidih area here, police said Wednesday.
Dharma had married Ajay Patel two years ago. Her
husband and in-laws used to torture her for dowry and late
last night they immolated her, they said.
The couple have a nine-month-old daughter.
Police have arrested four persons in connection with
this case, including the husband and in-laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress