Woman burnt to death over dowry
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was burnt to death allegedly by her in-laws over dowry at Toda village, police said Friday.
Kawita, wife of Rajbir, was burnt to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry yesterday, they said.
The father of the victim has alleged in his complaint that Kawita was set ablaze by Rajbir, father-in-law Mahendra, mother-in-law Bhagwati and maternal uncle Surender.
A case has been registered in this regard and police has arrested Rajbir and Bhagwati in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS