Woman burnt to death over dowry
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was burnt to death allegedly by her in-laws over dowry at Toda village, police said Friday.
Kawita, wife of Rajbir, was burnt to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry yesterday, they said.
The father of the victim has alleged in his complaint that Kawita was set ablaze by Rajbir, father-in-law Mahendra, mother-in-law Bhagwati and maternal uncle Surender.
A case has been registered in this regard and police has arrested Rajbir and Bhagwati in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days