Woman burnt to death over dowry
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was burnt to death allegedly by her in-laws over dowry at Toda village, police said Friday.
Kawita, wife of Rajbir, was burnt to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry yesterday, they said.
The father of the victim has alleged in his complaint that Kawita was set ablaze by Rajbir, father-in-law Mahendra, mother-in-law Bhagwati and maternal uncle Surender.
A case has been registered in this regard and police has arrested Rajbir and Bhagwati in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years