Woman burnt to death over dowry
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was burnt to death allegedly by her in-laws over dowry at Toda village, police said Friday.
Kawita, wife of Rajbir, was burnt to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry yesterday, they said.
The father of the victim has alleged in his complaint that Kawita was set ablaze by Rajbir, father-in-law Mahendra, mother-in-law Bhagwati and maternal uncle Surender.
A case has been registered in this regard and police has arrested Rajbir and Bhagwati in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster