Woman burnt to death over dowry
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was burnt to death allegedly by her in-laws over dowry at Toda village, police said Friday.
Kawita, wife of Rajbir, was burnt to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry yesterday, they said.
The father of the victim has alleged in his complaint that Kawita was set ablaze by Rajbir, father-in-law Mahendra, mother-in-law Bhagwati and maternal uncle Surender.
A case has been registered in this regard and police has arrested Rajbir and Bhagwati in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje