Woman, child drown in drain in Sitapur
Sitapur: A 40-year-old woman and her eight-year-old nephew drowned after they fell into a drain filled with flood water at Gurguchpur village in Reosa area here, police said Monday.
"Two women and three children of a family had gone to pick mangoes in the flood waters yesterday, but slipped into a drain full of water," police said.
While a woman and two children were rescued by villagers, Dhandevi (40) and her nephew Arjun (8) drowned, they added.
Later, the bodies of the victims were fished out by police with the help of villagers and sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border