Woman, child drown in drain in Sitapur
Sitapur: A 40-year-old woman and her eight-year-old nephew drowned after they fell into a drain filled with flood water at Gurguchpur village in Reosa area here, police said Monday.
"Two women and three children of a family had gone to pick mangoes in the flood waters yesterday, but slipped into a drain full of water," police said.
While a woman and two children were rescued by villagers, Dhandevi (40) and her nephew Arjun (8) drowned, they added.
Later, the bodies of the victims were fished out by police with the help of villagers and sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi participates in SCO annual meet in Tashkent
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Not in the best of form, Roger Federer reaches crossroads at Wimbledon
- Lodha panel's recommendations could take cricket 20 years back, feels Anurag Thakur
- Future of cinema is internet movies, says Kangana Ranaut
- Campus violence: AMU expels 11 students, suspends 17 others
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced