Woman, child drown in drain in Sitapur
Sitapur: A 40-year-old woman and her eight-year-old nephew drowned after they fell into a drain filled with flood water at Gurguchpur village in Reosa area here, police said Monday.
"Two women and three children of a family had gone to pick mangoes in the flood waters yesterday, but slipped into a drain full of water," police said.
While a woman and two children were rescued by villagers, Dhandevi (40) and her nephew Arjun (8) drowned, they added.
Later, the bodies of the victims were fished out by police with the help of villagers and sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing