Woman claims husband abducted by BSP MLA
Orai (UP): Wife of a Dalit junior
engineer has accused a BSP MLA of abducting her husband and
keeping him in illegal detention, police said here on Saturday.
Sunita, in her written complaint at Madhogarh police
station, has alleged that her husband Arvind Kumar, posted as
junior engineer in Power Department, had been abducted on the
behest of Minister of State for Homeguard and PRD Hariom
Upadhyaya by his aides, they said.
Upadhyaya is a BSP MLA from Madhogarh Assembly
segment, where Arvind is posted as the junior engineer.
Meanwhile, the minister said that he did not know
engineer Arvind Kumar.
Upadhyaya claimed that he had only talked to
sub-divisional officer to repair electricity lines damaged
during natural calamity.
The minister said that as Assembly polls were nearing,
baseless allegations are being levelled against him to malign
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened