Woman claims husband abducted by BSP MLA
Orai (UP): Wife of a Dalit junior
engineer has accused a BSP MLA of abducting her husband and
keeping him in illegal detention, police said here on Saturday.
Sunita, in her written complaint at Madhogarh police
station, has alleged that her husband Arvind Kumar, posted as
junior engineer in Power Department, had been abducted on the
behest of Minister of State for Homeguard and PRD Hariom
Upadhyaya by his aides, they said.
Upadhyaya is a BSP MLA from Madhogarh Assembly
segment, where Arvind is posted as the junior engineer.
Meanwhile, the minister said that he did not know
engineer Arvind Kumar.
Upadhyaya claimed that he had only talked to
sub-divisional officer to repair electricity lines damaged
during natural calamity.
The minister said that as Assembly polls were nearing,
baseless allegations are being levelled against him to malign
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror