Woman claims husband abducted by BSP MLA
Orai (UP): Wife of a Dalit junior
engineer has accused a BSP MLA of abducting her husband and
keeping him in illegal detention, police said here on Saturday.
Sunita, in her written complaint at Madhogarh police
station, has alleged that her husband Arvind Kumar, posted as
junior engineer in Power Department, had been abducted on the
behest of Minister of State for Homeguard and PRD Hariom
Upadhyaya by his aides, they said.
Upadhyaya is a BSP MLA from Madhogarh Assembly
segment, where Arvind is posted as the junior engineer.
Meanwhile, the minister said that he did not know
engineer Arvind Kumar.
Upadhyaya claimed that he had only talked to
sub-divisional officer to repair electricity lines damaged
during natural calamity.
The minister said that as Assembly polls were nearing,
baseless allegations are being levelled against him to malign
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak