Woman claims husband abducted by BSP MLA
Orai (UP): Wife of a Dalit junior
engineer has accused a BSP MLA of abducting her husband and
keeping him in illegal detention, police said here on Saturday.
Sunita, in her written complaint at Madhogarh police
station, has alleged that her husband Arvind Kumar, posted as
junior engineer in Power Department, had been abducted on the
behest of Minister of State for Homeguard and PRD Hariom
Upadhyaya by his aides, they said.
Upadhyaya is a BSP MLA from Madhogarh Assembly
segment, where Arvind is posted as the junior engineer.
Meanwhile, the minister said that he did not know
engineer Arvind Kumar.
Upadhyaya claimed that he had only talked to
sub-divisional officer to repair electricity lines damaged
during natural calamity.
The minister said that as Assembly polls were nearing,
baseless allegations are being levelled against him to malign
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured