Woman claims husband abducted by BSP MLA
Orai (UP): Wife of a Dalit junior
engineer has accused a BSP MLA of abducting her husband and
keeping him in illegal detention, police said here on Saturday.
Sunita, in her written complaint at Madhogarh police
station, has alleged that her husband Arvind Kumar, posted as
junior engineer in Power Department, had been abducted on the
behest of Minister of State for Homeguard and PRD Hariom
Upadhyaya by his aides, they said.
Upadhyaya is a BSP MLA from Madhogarh Assembly
segment, where Arvind is posted as the junior engineer.
Meanwhile, the minister said that he did not know
engineer Arvind Kumar.
Upadhyaya claimed that he had only talked to
sub-divisional officer to repair electricity lines damaged
during natural calamity.
The minister said that as Assembly polls were nearing,
baseless allegations are being levelled against him to malign
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic