Woman commits suicide in Azamgarh
Azamgarh (UP): A woman allegedly committed
suicide in Saravan village here even as her family members
termed it as dowry death, police said.
According to the in-laws of the victim, Indu (20)
committed suicide by setting her self on fire after her
husband Manoj, who had to go abroad for a job declined to take
Her family members have, however, charged Manoj, her
father-in-law and two brothers-in-law of dowry death. They
alleged that Indu`s in-laws had demanded Rs 50,000 as dowry
some days ago.
A case has been filed in this connection, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them