Woman commits suicide in Azamgarh
Azamgarh (UP): A woman allegedly committed
suicide in Saravan village here even as her family members
termed it as dowry death, police said.
According to the in-laws of the victim, Indu (20)
committed suicide by setting her self on fire after her
husband Manoj, who had to go abroad for a job declined to take
Her family members have, however, charged Manoj, her
father-in-law and two brothers-in-law of dowry death. They
alleged that Indu`s in-laws had demanded Rs 50,000 as dowry
some days ago.
A case has been filed in this connection, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi