Woman commits suicide in Azamgarh
Azamgarh (UP): A woman allegedly committed
suicide in Saravan village here even as her family members
termed it as dowry death, police said.
According to the in-laws of the victim, Indu (20)
committed suicide by setting her self on fire after her
husband Manoj, who had to go abroad for a job declined to take
Her family members have, however, charged Manoj, her
father-in-law and two brothers-in-law of dowry death. They
alleged that Indu`s in-laws had demanded Rs 50,000 as dowry
some days ago.
A case has been filed in this connection, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000