Woman commits suicide over dowry harassment
Basti: A 24-year-old woman on Saturday committed suicide by jumping in front of a moving train after allegedly being harassed by her in-laws over dowry here, police said.
The incident took place on Friday near Kesari village at Gaur area.
According to police, the woman identified as Pranpati got married to Buddiram around five years ago.
She was constantly being harassed physically and mentally over dowry by her in-laws since February this year after she shifted to their house. The woman was sent back to her maternal house where her in-laws continued to harass her over phone, police said.
Depressed with the continuous harassment, Pranpati took the extreme step, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!