Woman commits suicide over dowry harassment
Basti: A 24-year-old woman on Saturday committed suicide by jumping in front of a moving train after allegedly being harassed by her in-laws over dowry here, police said.
The incident took place on Friday near Kesari village at Gaur area.
According to police, the woman identified as Pranpati got married to Buddiram around five years ago.
She was constantly being harassed physically and mentally over dowry by her in-laws since February this year after she shifted to their house. The woman was sent back to her maternal house where her in-laws continued to harass her over phone, police said.
Depressed with the continuous harassment, Pranpati took the extreme step, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!