Woman commits suicide over dowry harassment
Basti: A 24-year-old woman on Saturday committed suicide by jumping in front of a moving train after allegedly being harassed by her in-laws over dowry here, police said.
The incident took place on Friday near Kesari village at Gaur area.
According to police, the woman identified as Pranpati got married to Buddiram around five years ago.
She was constantly being harassed physically and mentally over dowry by her in-laws since February this year after she shifted to their house. The woman was sent back to her maternal house where her in-laws continued to harass her over phone, police said.
Depressed with the continuous harassment, Pranpati took the extreme step, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday