Woman confronts husband`s attackers
Agra: A young woman led to the capture of two bike-borne assailants who shot her husband on Agra-Fatehpur Sikri road by clinging on to one of them till they were caught.
Pooja, who was reportedly pregnant, grabbed the leg of one of the assailants shortly after they shot her husband Mukesh (22) at point blank range last evening, police said.
The accused, identified as Rameshwar and Lakhan Singh, were tailing the couple from Korai village and stopped them near Muriapur railway crossing, they said.
While one of them was caught by locals on hearing Pooja`s cries for help, the other accused was nabbed after a chase and handed over to the police.
However, the woman`s husband, a law student, succumbed to his injuries while being taken to a hospital in Agra, they said, adding that the couple married six months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town