Woman confronts husband`s attackers
Agra: A young woman led to the capture of two bike-borne assailants who shot her husband on Agra-Fatehpur Sikri road by clinging on to one of them till they were caught.
Pooja, who was reportedly pregnant, grabbed the leg of one of the assailants shortly after they shot her husband Mukesh (22) at point blank range last evening, police said.
The accused, identified as Rameshwar and Lakhan Singh, were tailing the couple from Korai village and stopped them near Muriapur railway crossing, they said.
While one of them was caught by locals on hearing Pooja`s cries for help, the other accused was nabbed after a chase and handed over to the police.
However, the woman`s husband, a law student, succumbed to his injuries while being taken to a hospital in Agra, they said, adding that the couple married six months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?