Woman constable alleges eve-teasing by inspector in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A woman police constable here has alleged she was eve-teased by a police inspector with officials saying that an inquiry has been ordered into the matter.
According to SP (city) Sarvan Kumar, the woman constable made the allegation yesterday against one Inspector Ranvir Tomar.
The woman constable has charged that Tomar, the in-charge of the police control room, had been harassing her for a month.
SP Kumar said that strict action would be taken against the inspector if the allegations were confirmed by the inquiry.
When contacted, Inspector Tomar said he was being falsely implicated by the complainant as he had pulled her up for not reporting for duty on time.
Meanwhile, police said that the woman constable, who was posted in the control room, has been now shifted elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal