Woman, daughter jump off moving truck in UP, die
Lucknow: A mother and her three-year-old daughter were killed in Uttar Pradesh late Friday after they jumped off a speeding truck while resisting a sexual assault by the driver, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place near the Chitaura toll plaza in Fatehpur, 120 km from here, after Raj Kumari, 30, along with son Deepak, daughter Meena and husband Rakesh hitched a ride in a truck.
After travelling for some distance, the driver stopped the truck and asked Rakesh to get some food from a road-side eatery. As the unsuspecting husband went out, the driver sped off and tried to sexually assault the woman.
While trying to resist the driver, the woman leapt out along with her daughter after throwing her son off the moving truck.
While the woman died on the spot, the daughter died at a medical facility. Her minor son, who has been seriously injured, narrated the incident to police. Locals tried to chase the truck but it sped away.
"We are trying to establish the identity of the truck driver with the help of CCTV camera footage at the toll plaza," a police official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor