Woman death: UPSCW seeks report from Lucknow IGP
Lucknow: Taking suo moto cognisance of the
death of a woman after falling from third floor of a shopping
mall here, Uttar Pradesh State Commission for Women on Thursday
sought a report from Lucknow IGP in this connection.
"Chairman of the commission Abha Agnihotri while seeking
a report on the incident has also directed the IG to initiate
legal action in the matter," SCW member Anita Singh Verma
The SCW chairman has also directed principal secretary
home and DGP to set up police outposts with lady inspectors at
public places including malls.
She said besides emergency number 100, there should be a
special police number for women-related crimes.
Agnihotri directed that nets should be installed at open
areas and close vigil maintained on people, specially women
and youth groups, coming to such places.
A 30-year-old woman died yesterday after falling from the
third floor of Phoenix mall in Krishna Nagar area. While her
family members alleged that eve-teasing led to the tragedy,
police termed the incident as suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!
- Black money window: CBDT issues fresh FAQs; PAN mandatory
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives