Woman death: UPSCW seeks report from Lucknow IGP
Lucknow: Taking suo moto cognisance of the
death of a woman after falling from third floor of a shopping
mall here, Uttar Pradesh State Commission for Women on Thursday
sought a report from Lucknow IGP in this connection.
"Chairman of the commission Abha Agnihotri while seeking
a report on the incident has also directed the IG to initiate
legal action in the matter," SCW member Anita Singh Verma
The SCW chairman has also directed principal secretary
home and DGP to set up police outposts with lady inspectors at
public places including malls.
She said besides emergency number 100, there should be a
special police number for women-related crimes.
Agnihotri directed that nets should be installed at open
areas and close vigil maintained on people, specially women
and youth groups, coming to such places.
A 30-year-old woman died yesterday after falling from the
third floor of Phoenix mall in Krishna Nagar area. While her
family members alleged that eve-teasing led to the tragedy,
police termed the incident as suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash
- Sonakshi Sinha does not believe in gender discrimination!