Woman drugged, raped in Agra
Agra: A 25-year-old woman was raped in Agra after an autorickshaw driver offered her a cup of tea suspected to be laced with a sedative, police said Sunday.
The woman was sexually assaulted Saturday and rescued in the morning from Shastripuram in Sikandra area where she was found in a semi-conscious state, police said.
A medical report confirmed rape of the woman, a resident of Shikohabad in Firozabad district in Uttar Pradesh. She was returning home from Jaipur in Rajasthan, police said.
The woman, who went to Jaipur for work after her husband deserted her, took the help of an autorickshaw driver to go to the Agra Water Works crossing from where she wanted to catch a bus to Shikohabad, police said.
On the way, the autorickshaw driver stopped at a road-side eatery for tea and also offered a cup of the brew to her, police said.
After she drank tea, she fell unconscious and gained consciousness Sunday morning and complained of sexual assault, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa