Woman drugged, raped in Agra
Agra: A 25-year-old woman was raped in Agra after an autorickshaw driver offered her a cup of tea suspected to be laced with a sedative, police said Sunday.
The woman was sexually assaulted Saturday and rescued in the morning from Shastripuram in Sikandra area where she was found in a semi-conscious state, police said.
A medical report confirmed rape of the woman, a resident of Shikohabad in Firozabad district in Uttar Pradesh. She was returning home from Jaipur in Rajasthan, police said.
The woman, who went to Jaipur for work after her husband deserted her, took the help of an autorickshaw driver to go to the Agra Water Works crossing from where she wanted to catch a bus to Shikohabad, police said.
On the way, the autorickshaw driver stopped at a road-side eatery for tea and also offered a cup of the brew to her, police said.
After she drank tea, she fell unconscious and gained consciousness Sunday morning and complained of sexual assault, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory