Woman foils snatching bid with help of cold drink bottle
Ghaziabad: A 30-year-old woman today foiled a snatching attempt by two bike-borne youths when she brutally hit one of them with a cold drink bottle in Sahibabad area today.
Police said that the incident took place around 2 pm when the woman, identified as Urmila Singh and a resident of Panchsheel area of Ghaziabad, was returning home from a nearby market.
"When she was on her way home, two bike-borne unidentified youths approached her and started enquiring about an address. After a few seconds, the pillion rider tried to snatch her gold chain," said a senior police officer.
The officer also said that when they were trying to snatch the woman`s gold chain, she suddenly took out a cold drink bottle from her bag and hit on the head of one of the accused.
"Urmila Singh immediately shouted for help. Seeing this, some passerby rushed towards her, but both the youths managed to flee the spot", the officer said.
Police said that based on the woman`s complaint, a case has been registered against both the youths, who would be arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune