Woman found dead, parents allege murder by in-laws
Greater Noida: A 30-year-old woman was today found hanging in her apartment here, with her parents alleging that she was murdered by her in-laws.
The deceased, identified as Jyoti, was married four years ago and her parents lived in Modi Nagar area of Ghaziabad, police said.
The police was informed about the matter today after which a team was sent, they said, adding that the body has been sent for post-mortem.
At the time of the incident, the woman`s husband was not at home, but her father-in-law and mother-in-law were there.
Her parents told police that for last two years, Jyoti was being physically assaulted by her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH