Woman gang-raped by four men in moving car
Ghaziabad: A 25-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by four men in a moving car before being dumped in Govindpuram area of the district on Wednesday.
According to police, the woman, a divorcee based in Meerut district, had come to Ghaziabad court to meet a lawyer.
After the meeting, she was standing at a bus shelter near SSP`s office when she met an acquaintance, whom she referred to as `uncle`.
When she informed him that she was in need of a job, the acquaintance said he could provide her with one and asked her to come with him to Loni area in his car.
In Loni, three friends of the accused got into the car, following which they took turns to rape her, he added.
The ordeal went on for nearly an hour. Later, the four accused dumped the woman in Govindpuram area.
The woman approached the police and narrated the incident to them. "We have sent the woman for medical examination and further investigation is on," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends