Woman gang-raped by three in UP, left tied naked to tree
Kannauj: A 33-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped by three persons, one of them a schoolteacher, who later left her tied to a tree in naked condition, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in Umarda area here, on the intervening night of August 16-17 when three persons raped her and, then, left her tied naked to a tree before fleeing the spot, the FIR lodged by the victim said.
Umarda police station officer Imran Khan said that one person has been detained in this connection, adding that, the accused schoolteacher is the son of village head.
The woman has been admitted to a hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable, he said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s wife Dimple Yadav represents the Kannauj Lok Sabha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- OP Jaisha-AFI row: Marathon runner said no to personalised refreshment, clarifies coach Nikolai Snesarev
- Turkish troops to stay until Syrian army regains control