Woman gang-raped by three in UP, left tied naked to tree
Kannauj: A 33-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped by three persons, one of them a schoolteacher, who later left her tied to a tree in naked condition, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in Umarda area here, on the intervening night of August 16-17 when three persons raped her and, then, left her tied naked to a tree before fleeing the spot, the FIR lodged by the victim said.
Umarda police station officer Imran Khan said that one person has been detained in this connection, adding that, the accused schoolteacher is the son of village head.
The woman has been admitted to a hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable, he said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s wife Dimple Yadav represents the Kannauj Lok Sabha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'
- SP main rival in UP polls, not decided on CM face: Amit Shah
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists