Woman gang-raped by three in UP, left tied naked to tree
Kannauj: A 33-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped by three persons, one of them a schoolteacher, who later left her tied to a tree in naked condition, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in Umarda area here, on the intervening night of August 16-17 when three persons raped her and, then, left her tied naked to a tree before fleeing the spot, the FIR lodged by the victim said.
Umarda police station officer Imran Khan said that one person has been detained in this connection, adding that, the accused schoolteacher is the son of village head.
The woman has been admitted to a hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable, he said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s wife Dimple Yadav represents the Kannauj Lok Sabha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you