Woman gang-raped by three in UP, left tied naked to tree
Kannauj: A 33-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped by three persons, one of them a schoolteacher, who later left her tied to a tree in naked condition, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in Umarda area here, on the intervening night of August 16-17 when three persons raped her and, then, left her tied naked to a tree before fleeing the spot, the FIR lodged by the victim said.
Umarda police station officer Imran Khan said that one person has been detained in this connection, adding that, the accused schoolteacher is the son of village head.
The woman has been admitted to a hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable, he said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s wife Dimple Yadav represents the Kannauj Lok Sabha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened