Woman gang-raped in Aligarh
Aligarh: A 48-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped in Kanchanpur village and later left at a deserted field, police said here Tuesday.
The victim was allegedly lured by three women on Sunday evening and taken outside the village on some pretext, they said.
The three women handed over the woman to a group of men, who allegedly sexually assaulted her and later left her on the outskirts of the village yesterday.
The victim had filed a report against 14 person at Dadon police station including the three women.
Senior Superintendent of Police Piyush Mordia said that the incident was the fall out of rivalry between two families of the same village.
On June 3, a close relative of the woman had eloped with a girl belonging to a different community, he said.
A case was also been filed against family members of the victim in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM