Woman gang-raped in Aligarh
Aligarh: A 48-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped in Kanchanpur village and later left at a deserted field, police said here Tuesday.
The victim was allegedly lured by three women on Sunday evening and taken outside the village on some pretext, they said.
The three women handed over the woman to a group of men, who allegedly sexually assaulted her and later left her on the outskirts of the village yesterday.
The victim had filed a report against 14 person at Dadon police station including the three women.
Senior Superintendent of Police Piyush Mordia said that the incident was the fall out of rivalry between two families of the same village.
On June 3, a close relative of the woman had eloped with a girl belonging to a different community, he said.
A case was also been filed against family members of the victim in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29