Woman gang-raped in Aligarh
Aligarh: A 48-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped in Kanchanpur village and later left at a deserted field, police said here Tuesday.
The victim was allegedly lured by three women on Sunday evening and taken outside the village on some pretext, they said.
The three women handed over the woman to a group of men, who allegedly sexually assaulted her and later left her on the outskirts of the village yesterday.
The victim had filed a report against 14 person at Dadon police station including the three women.
Senior Superintendent of Police Piyush Mordia said that the incident was the fall out of rivalry between two families of the same village.
On June 3, a close relative of the woman had eloped with a girl belonging to a different community, he said.
A case was also been filed against family members of the victim in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet