Woman gang-raped in Aligarh
Aligarh: A 48-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped in Kanchanpur village and later left at a deserted field, police said here Tuesday.
The victim was allegedly lured by three women on Sunday evening and taken outside the village on some pretext, they said.
The three women handed over the woman to a group of men, who allegedly sexually assaulted her and later left her on the outskirts of the village yesterday.
The victim had filed a report against 14 person at Dadon police station including the three women.
Senior Superintendent of Police Piyush Mordia said that the incident was the fall out of rivalry between two families of the same village.
On June 3, a close relative of the woman had eloped with a girl belonging to a different community, he said.
A case was also been filed against family members of the victim in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16