Woman gang-raped on pretext of giving lift
Meerut: A woman was allegedly gang-raped in a house here by three youths, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place on Monday when the victim, a resident of Janpad Hapur village had come to a weekly market near Budhana gate, police said.
She was offered a lift by three youths, who later forcefully took her to the house in Fatehullalpur area and gave a drink laced with sedatives following which the woman fell unconscious. The youths then took turns to rape her, they said.
A case has been registered against three youths on the basis of a complaint filed by the woman.
According to the complaint, the accused, after gangraping the victim, took her to Hapud village where they pushed her from the moving car and fled the spot, police said, adding, victim took the lift as one of the accused was known to her.
Two of the accused have been identified as Rashid and Mashru, they said.
Efforts to the nab the three accused are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16