Woman gangraped in Ghaziabad, boyfriend thrashed
Ghaziabad: A woman was gangraped by five youths, who also thrashed her boyfriend in Kamla Nehru Nagar in Ghaziabad, according to the police.
The incident happened on Saturday when the woman was on her way to meet her boyfriend Krishna Singh.
In his complaint, Krishna said that he was on his motorcycle when he heard a woman crying for help. He slowed his bike and was overpowered by two youths, who thrashed him till he became unconscious. They also snatched his phone, laptop and money.
Before losing consciousness, he saw a man sexually assaulting his girlfriend while the rest stood on guard.
"Based on his descriptions, we took a youth named Monu in custody who confessed to the rape and robbery. He also gave information about the rest of the four youths, who too were arrested”, Station House Officer Vijay Kumar said.
The arrested have been identified as Devendra Singh, Tonu (Monu`s brother), Jackey alias Jai Kishore Singh and Manoj, all residents of Raheespur.
The stolen items too were recovered, Kumar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister