Woman gangraped in Ghaziabad, boyfriend thrashed
Ghaziabad: A woman was gangraped by five youths, who also thrashed her boyfriend in Kamla Nehru Nagar in Ghaziabad, according to the police.
The incident happened on Saturday when the woman was on her way to meet her boyfriend Krishna Singh.
In his complaint, Krishna said that he was on his motorcycle when he heard a woman crying for help. He slowed his bike and was overpowered by two youths, who thrashed him till he became unconscious. They also snatched his phone, laptop and money.
Before losing consciousness, he saw a man sexually assaulting his girlfriend while the rest stood on guard.
"Based on his descriptions, we took a youth named Monu in custody who confessed to the rape and robbery. He also gave information about the rest of the four youths, who too were arrested”, Station House Officer Vijay Kumar said.
The arrested have been identified as Devendra Singh, Tonu (Monu`s brother), Jackey alias Jai Kishore Singh and Manoj, all residents of Raheespur.
The stolen items too were recovered, Kumar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says