Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested
Noida: A 30-year-old woman was drugged and gangraped by two men in a moving car in Noida and dumped near Kalindi Kunj in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh Police said on Sunday. One of the accused was arrested.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Praveen Kumar said: "We have lodged a first information report (FIR) and are acting as per the woman`s statement. Her medical examination, though, has not proved that the rape occurred."
The woman, a widow who hails from Darjeeling in West Bengal, lives in Sector-93 in Noida, and works as a help in Shramik Kunj apartments in the area.
The victim said in her complaint that she was gangraped by Kunwar Pal, a cement supplier, and Sunder, who offered her a lift in their car while she was returning home from work Saturday around 8.30 pm.
She said the two accused were known to her so she sat in the car. They offered her a drink laced with a sedative due to which she fell unconscious.
Kunwar Pal was arrested.
Police said there seemed to be some gaps in the victim`s statement and they were verifying her allegations.
"A group of people from Gheja village came to us on behalf of the accused saying that they were implicated by a rival group," said the SSP.
"We are investigating on both the lines - on the implication angle as well as the circumstances described by the woman in her complaint," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond