Woman journalist found dead in Ghaziabad apartment
Ghaziabad: A woman journalist working with the Rajya Sabha Television was found dead at her residence here in mysterious circumstances, police said Tuesday.
Milita Dutta Mandal (31), a producer in Rajya Sabha Television, was found in a critically injured condition in the basement of Mahagun Magic Apartments in Vaishali area Monday midnight.
A resident of flat number 809 on the eighth floor, Mandal had reached home around 11 p.m. At about 11.30 pm, residents heard a scream and found her lying in the basement, while her two-and-half-year-old baby girl was crying non-stop.
Her husband, Surya Jyoti Mandal, who works with a private company in Noida, and other residents took her to Max hospital in Delhi where doctors declared her dead.
"We are investigating the case from all possible angles. Let the post mortem report reach us then only we would be able to comment. Prima facie, it seems that she was pushed in a fit of anger by her husband. The balcony has been found broken which might have happened by a strong push.
"But it is still a mystery... nothing can be said authoritatively till the investigation is complete," said Superintendent of Police (City) Shiv Hari Meena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state