Woman killed by father in suspected dishonour killing
Ghaziabad: Days after a woman`s body was found near the railway tracks in Modinagar here, Police on Wednesday said that she was allegedly murdered by her father, aunt and two others in an honour killing.
The body of Priyanka was found near Krishnapuri railway tracks on March 16. Police had suspected it to be a case of suicide until the post-mortem report revealed that she had been strangulated to death, SSP Nitin Tiwari told reporters.
Priyanka`s father Ramesh, her aunt Mamata and two others -- Raju and Sagar, were arrested in connection with the case, he said.
The victim had got married to Sunder in Meerut two years ago. However, she had continued her alliance with her lover Shiv Kumar, due to which Sunder and Priyanka recently separated.
Priyanka had been staying with her family for past three months and had been insisting her parents to get her married to Shiv Kumar.
In the name of honour, Priyanka`s family decided to kill her off. They strangulated her and threw her body on the railway tracks to mislead the police, Tiwari said.
On interrogation, Priyanka`s father broke down and owned up to the murder and said the three others had helped him, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok