Woman killed due to high voltage power supply
Bhadohi: A 35-year-old woman was killed and seven others received serious burn injuries following high voltage supply in over a dozen houses in Gopiganj police station area this morning.
Police said that following some technical fault in the 25 KVA transformer at Parbatpur locality, about a dozen houses started receiving high voltage supply.
Rehana Begum, who was watching TV in the house, rushed to switch it off but got stuck and the children who tried to get her disentangled also received serious injuries, police said.
Four others in the neighbourhood were also injured while several gadgets like TVs and Fridges and other goods were also damaged.
All the injured were rushed to hospital where Rehana Begum later died, police said adding that the three with serious injuries have been admitted to hospital while the others were allowed to go after first aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations