Woman killed due to high voltage power supply
Bhadohi: A 35-year-old woman was killed and seven others received serious burn injuries following high voltage supply in over a dozen houses in Gopiganj police station area this morning.
Police said that following some technical fault in the 25 KVA transformer at Parbatpur locality, about a dozen houses started receiving high voltage supply.
Rehana Begum, who was watching TV in the house, rushed to switch it off but got stuck and the children who tried to get her disentangled also received serious injuries, police said.
Four others in the neighbourhood were also injured while several gadgets like TVs and Fridges and other goods were also damaged.
All the injured were rushed to hospital where Rehana Begum later died, police said adding that the three with serious injuries have been admitted to hospital while the others were allowed to go after first aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another