Woman killed for dowry in Jaunpur
Jaunpur (UP): A 24-year-old woman was allegedly strangulated to death by her husband and in-laws for dowry here, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place at Kaddupur Khiri village last night, they said.
The action was taken on a complaint filed by the father of the victim, identified as Sangita, they said.
The husband and in-laws are absconding, police said.
According to a police complaint filed by Sangeeta`s father, his daughter`s husband Mahendra Yadav, brother-in-law Manoj, sister-in-law Sangita and two others killed her for dowry.
Mahendra is posted in Army and returned home around one- and-a-half months back, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city