Woman killed for dowry in Jaunpur
Jaunpur (UP): A 24-year-old woman was allegedly strangulated to death by her husband and in-laws for dowry here, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place at Kaddupur Khiri village last night, they said.
The action was taken on a complaint filed by the father of the victim, identified as Sangita, they said.
The husband and in-laws are absconding, police said.
According to a police complaint filed by Sangeeta`s father, his daughter`s husband Mahendra Yadav, brother-in-law Manoj, sister-in-law Sangita and two others killed her for dowry.
Mahendra is posted in Army and returned home around one- and-a-half months back, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof