Woman killed for dowry in UP’s Ballia
Ballia: A 21-year-old newly-married woman was allegedly killed for dowry in Bairia area here, police said on Wednesday.
Villagers found Geeta -- who got married to Sonu Thakur in February this year -- hanging from the ceiling at her in-laws` house in Nawka tola village on July 7, they said.
After the villagers left, the in-laws tried to burn the body but later buried it in haste and are on the run, police said.
On the complaint of Geeta`s father Harishanker, police lodged an FIR against four persons, including her husband yesterday, police said.
The victim`s body was recovered from a pit in the village, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents