Woman, mother-in-law beaten to death in UP
Kanpur: A woman and her mother-in-law were allegedly beaten to death with an axe by some unknown persons in a suspected case of honour killing in Ghatampur village here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident occurred last night when the assailants also attacked the woman`s husband and fled thereafter thinking he too had died, they said.
Kuldeep Pal (25), a resident of Ghatampur in Dukvapur village eloped with his neighbour`s daughter Prabha (20) one- and-a-half-years back. After getting married, both Kuldeep and Prabha settled in Delhi, they said.
Recently, Kuldeep brought his wife to his native village for the first time after which the incident occurred, they added.
The woman Prabha and and her mother-in-law Mamata (50) died on the spot, while Kuldeep was critically injured, police said, adding that the two bodies have been sent for post mortem.
It is suspected to be a case of honour killing but police has refrained from making any such claim.
Kuldeep`s relatives have accused Prabha`s father and brothers of the murder. According to them, they opposed the marriage, they said.
Some of Prabha`s relatives have been taken into custody, police said, adding that the case is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan