Woman, mother-in-law beaten to death in UP
Kanpur: A woman and her mother-in-law were allegedly beaten to death with an axe by some unknown persons in a suspected case of honour killing in Ghatampur village here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident occurred last night when the assailants also attacked the woman`s husband and fled thereafter thinking he too had died, they said.
Kuldeep Pal (25), a resident of Ghatampur in Dukvapur village eloped with his neighbour`s daughter Prabha (20) one- and-a-half-years back. After getting married, both Kuldeep and Prabha settled in Delhi, they said.
Recently, Kuldeep brought his wife to his native village for the first time after which the incident occurred, they added.
The woman Prabha and and her mother-in-law Mamata (50) died on the spot, while Kuldeep was critically injured, police said, adding that the two bodies have been sent for post mortem.
It is suspected to be a case of honour killing but police has refrained from making any such claim.
Kuldeep`s relatives have accused Prabha`s father and brothers of the murder. According to them, they opposed the marriage, they said.
Some of Prabha`s relatives have been taken into custody, police said, adding that the case is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31