Woman paraded naked in UP village, husband beaten up
Pilibhit: A woman was allegedly stripped and forced to walk around naked while her husband was severely beaten up for opposing "local goons" in Andryan village of Jehanabad area here.
The couple was allegedly made to go through the ordeal by Shanti Swarup and his associates on June 24 after they objected to trees being uprooted from their fields and damaging of their hut by the accused, police said.
"The couple was subjected to severe beating and the woman was forced to move around in the village naked," police said.
An FIR was registered last night after Superintendent of Police Sonia Singh intervened into the matter. The couple along with some villagers had staged a protest yesterday outside the Jehanabad police station.
Efforts are on to arrest the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Both US and India have been tolerant nations since their existence: Acharya Lokesh
- Narsingh Yadav dope case: Grappler took banned substance intentionally, claims CAS
- New Hyundai Elantra launched in India: Know all about price, features
- Shocking! Indian surgeons remove 40 knives from cop's stomach (Watch)
- India in talks with Singapore to amend DTAA provisions: CBDT