Woman paraded naked in UP village, husband beaten up
Pilibhit: A woman was allegedly stripped and forced to walk around naked while her husband was severely beaten up for opposing "local goons" in Andryan village of Jehanabad area here.
The couple was allegedly made to go through the ordeal by Shanti Swarup and his associates on June 24 after they objected to trees being uprooted from their fields and damaging of their hut by the accused, police said.
"The couple was subjected to severe beating and the woman was forced to move around in the village naked," police said.
An FIR was registered last night after Superintendent of Police Sonia Singh intervened into the matter. The couple along with some villagers had staged a protest yesterday outside the Jehanabad police station.
Efforts are on to arrest the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened