Woman presumed "dead" reaches police station in UP
Bijnor (UP): A woman and her two children, who were presumed dead four days back, resurfaced at a police station.
The woman along with her two children reached the police station yesterday, police said on Friday.
According to the police, three bodies were found on the night of October 6-7 near a canal in Daulatpur area of Noorpur here, which were identified by Subhash as his wife and two children.
The post mortem revealed that the three died due to asphyxiation, the police added.
Subhash has been arrested on charges of false identification and efforts are on way to identify the three deceased, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation