Woman presumed "dead" reaches police station in UP
Bijnor (UP): A woman and her two children, who were presumed dead four days back, resurfaced at a police station.
The woman along with her two children reached the police station yesterday, police said on Friday.
According to the police, three bodies were found on the night of October 6-7 near a canal in Daulatpur area of Noorpur here, which were identified by Subhash as his wife and two children.
The post mortem revealed that the three died due to asphyxiation, the police added.
Subhash has been arrested on charges of false identification and efforts are on way to identify the three deceased, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test