Woman raped, poisoned and buried by lover in Meerut
Meerut: A 20-year-old woman was allegedly raped, poisoned to death and buried in a pit by her lover in Hastinapur area of Meerut district, police said on Thursday.
The accused, Pappan (25), was today arrested and sent to jail.
Police said the woman, a BCA student, had left her home for market on January 25 and had not returned since then.
Her family filed a missing complaint on January 28, and alleged that neighbour Pappan might have been involved in her disappearance.
Subsequently police detained Pappan and after several rounds of interrogation he confessed to the crime, police said.
Her body was recovered from jungles of Chetavala village yesterday. They said the accused had buried the girl in a pit.
According to sources, Pappan was in a relationship with the woman for over a year. For sometime, the girl had been putting pressure on him to marry her, following which he met her on January 25.
The body has been sent for postmortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie