Woman raped, poisoned and buried by lover in Meerut
Meerut: A 20-year-old woman was allegedly raped, poisoned to death and buried in a pit by her lover in Hastinapur area of Meerut district, police said on Thursday.
The accused, Pappan (25), was today arrested and sent to jail.
Police said the woman, a BCA student, had left her home for market on January 25 and had not returned since then.
Her family filed a missing complaint on January 28, and alleged that neighbour Pappan might have been involved in her disappearance.
Subsequently police detained Pappan and after several rounds of interrogation he confessed to the crime, police said.
Her body was recovered from jungles of Chetavala village yesterday. They said the accused had buried the girl in a pit.
According to sources, Pappan was in a relationship with the woman for over a year. For sometime, the girl had been putting pressure on him to marry her, following which he met her on January 25.
The body has been sent for postmortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This packing hack is just awesome! Watch video
- Modi govt@2: Have an enormous task ahead, says PM
- Hindu majority needed to save democracy in India, Uniform Civil Code important: Subramanian Swamy
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest