Woman raped, poisoned and buried by lover in Meerut
Meerut: A 20-year-old woman was allegedly raped, poisoned to death and buried in a pit by her lover in Hastinapur area of Meerut district, police said on Thursday.
The accused, Pappan (25), was today arrested and sent to jail.
Police said the woman, a BCA student, had left her home for market on January 25 and had not returned since then.
Her family filed a missing complaint on January 28, and alleged that neighbour Pappan might have been involved in her disappearance.
Subsequently police detained Pappan and after several rounds of interrogation he confessed to the crime, police said.
Her body was recovered from jungles of Chetavala village yesterday. They said the accused had buried the girl in a pit.
According to sources, Pappan was in a relationship with the woman for over a year. For sometime, the girl had been putting pressure on him to marry her, following which he met her on January 25.
The body has been sent for postmortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read