Woman raped, thrown from 7th floor of building
Lucknow: A woman was allegedly raped and
thrown from the seventh floor of a multi-storey residential
apartment in Ghazipur area, police said here on Sunday.
The security guard of Kalyan apartment found the girl,
who was in her 20s, lying in a pool of blood on the rear side
the building on the ring road, they said, adding she was rushed
to hospital, where she succumbed to injuries.
Police said that before her death she murmured some
The security guard told the police that the victim had
gone to meet Monu Singh, an employee of a private bank, in a
flat on the seventh floor of the apartment.
"The guard said that the victim entered the apartment
with another girl," a senior officer said, adding that prima
facie it seemed that the girl was first raped and later thrown
from the seventh floor.
The guard said that he saw Singh leaving with his
friend Sahil in his car in a hurry.
The police later searched the flat and found beer cans
along with cigarettes, he said.
He said that the flat was owned by Mukund Mathur and
was taken on rent by Singh a few days back.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way