Woman raped, thrown from 7th floor of building
Lucknow: A woman was allegedly raped and
thrown from the seventh floor of a multi-storey residential
apartment in Ghazipur area, police said here on Sunday.
The security guard of Kalyan apartment found the girl,
who was in her 20s, lying in a pool of blood on the rear side
the building on the ring road, they said, adding she was rushed
to hospital, where she succumbed to injuries.
Police said that before her death she murmured some
The security guard told the police that the victim had
gone to meet Monu Singh, an employee of a private bank, in a
flat on the seventh floor of the apartment.
"The guard said that the victim entered the apartment
with another girl," a senior officer said, adding that prima
facie it seemed that the girl was first raped and later thrown
from the seventh floor.
The guard said that he saw Singh leaving with his
friend Sahil in his car in a hurry.
The police later searched the flat and found beer cans
along with cigarettes, he said.
He said that the flat was owned by Mukund Mathur and
was taken on rent by Singh a few days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city