Woman set ablaze in UP’s Jhansi
Lucknow: A woman was set afire by her neighbours in Uttar Pradesh`s Jhansi district over a land dispute, police said on Wednesday. The woman was said to be critical.
Urmila Devi, 35, a native of Kharela village, was on Tuesday set afire by eight people -- all residing in the same village, some 250 km from Lucknow.
While the woman was battling for life at a hospital with over 60 percent burns, police were yet to trace the accused.
"Urmila`s husband Shivkumar was having a land dispute with Lakhan and Sonu. They had an argument, after which the two started assaulting him. When Urmila tried to intervene, she was set afire," said Superintendent of Police PK Tiwari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!