Woman set ablaze in UP’s Jhansi
Lucknow: A woman was set afire by her neighbours in Uttar Pradesh`s Jhansi district over a land dispute, police said on Wednesday. The woman was said to be critical.
Urmila Devi, 35, a native of Kharela village, was on Tuesday set afire by eight people -- all residing in the same village, some 250 km from Lucknow.
While the woman was battling for life at a hospital with over 60 percent burns, police were yet to trace the accused.
"Urmila`s husband Shivkumar was having a land dispute with Lakhan and Sonu. They had an argument, after which the two started assaulting him. When Urmila tried to intervene, she was set afire," said Superintendent of Police PK Tiwari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed