Woman set ablaze in UP’s Jhansi
Lucknow: A woman was set afire by her neighbours in Uttar Pradesh`s Jhansi district over a land dispute, police said on Wednesday. The woman was said to be critical.
Urmila Devi, 35, a native of Kharela village, was on Tuesday set afire by eight people -- all residing in the same village, some 250 km from Lucknow.
While the woman was battling for life at a hospital with over 60 percent burns, police were yet to trace the accused.
"Urmila`s husband Shivkumar was having a land dispute with Lakhan and Sonu. They had an argument, after which the two started assaulting him. When Urmila tried to intervene, she was set afire," said Superintendent of Police PK Tiwari.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan