Woman set ablaze in UP’s Jhansi
Lucknow: A woman was set afire by her neighbours in Uttar Pradesh`s Jhansi district over a land dispute, police said on Wednesday. The woman was said to be critical.
Urmila Devi, 35, a native of Kharela village, was on Tuesday set afire by eight people -- all residing in the same village, some 250 km from Lucknow.
While the woman was battling for life at a hospital with over 60 percent burns, police were yet to trace the accused.
"Urmila`s husband Shivkumar was having a land dispute with Lakhan and Sonu. They had an argument, after which the two started assaulting him. When Urmila tried to intervene, she was set afire," said Superintendent of Police PK Tiwari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'