Woman set ablaze in UP’s Jhansi
Lucknow: A woman was set afire by her neighbours in Uttar Pradesh`s Jhansi district over a land dispute, police said on Wednesday. The woman was said to be critical.
Urmila Devi, 35, a native of Kharela village, was on Tuesday set afire by eight people -- all residing in the same village, some 250 km from Lucknow.
While the woman was battling for life at a hospital with over 60 percent burns, police were yet to trace the accused.
"Urmila`s husband Shivkumar was having a land dispute with Lakhan and Sonu. They had an argument, after which the two started assaulting him. When Urmila tried to intervene, she was set afire," said Superintendent of Police PK Tiwari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder