Woman set on fire for giving birth to girl
Ghaziabad: A 28-year-old woman was allegedly
killed by her husband and in-laws for giving birth to a girl
and not fulfilling their demands in Sanjay Nagar area here,
police said on Wednesday.
Meetu, who got married to Diwakar last year, gave birth
to the girl about one month back and since then she was being
harassed, father of the deceased alleged in his complaint.
They used to beat her up demanding money for the girl`s
upbringing, the father alleged.
Meetu was allegedly set on fire last evening and was
found dead on her bed, police said, adding prima facie it
appeared to be a case of murder which was given a colour of
Her in-laws left the house after the incident, they said.
A case of dowry death has been registered and post mortem
report is awaited, police said.
Husband and in-laws of Meetu are absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Iulia Vantur did after Salman Khan's 'raped woman' remark controversy!
- Uber launches new service in Australia
- Kishwer Merchantt plays dreamy bride for boyfriend Suyyash Rai! – View pics
- Shelling and airstrikes kill 8 in Syrian city of Aleppo
- North Korea rules out nuclear talks resumption: Official