Woman set on fire for giving birth to girl
Ghaziabad: A 28-year-old woman was allegedly
killed by her husband and in-laws for giving birth to a girl
and not fulfilling their demands in Sanjay Nagar area here,
police said on Wednesday.
Meetu, who got married to Diwakar last year, gave birth
to the girl about one month back and since then she was being
harassed, father of the deceased alleged in his complaint.
They used to beat her up demanding money for the girl`s
upbringing, the father alleged.
Meetu was allegedly set on fire last evening and was
found dead on her bed, police said, adding prima facie it
appeared to be a case of murder which was given a colour of
Her in-laws left the house after the incident, they said.
A case of dowry death has been registered and post mortem
report is awaited, police said.
Husband and in-laws of Meetu are absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend