Woman sets herself on fire after gang-rape in UP
Deoria (UP): A 23-year-old woman set herself on fire after allegedly being gang-raped by five persons in Kotwali area near here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on the night of January 23 when the victim was forcibly abducted and raped by the accused, they said.
Depressed over the incident, she set herself on fire next evening. However, she was rushed to hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable.
Later, on the basis of a complaint, a case has been lodged against the absconding accused, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents