Woman sets herself on fire after gang-rape in UP
Deoria (UP): A 23-year-old woman set herself on fire after allegedly being gang-raped by five persons in Kotwali area near here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on the night of January 23 when the victim was forcibly abducted and raped by the accused, they said.
Depressed over the incident, she set herself on fire next evening. However, she was rushed to hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable.
Later, on the basis of a complaint, a case has been lodged against the absconding accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what