Woman sets herself on fire after gang-rape in UP
Deoria (UP): A 23-year-old woman set herself on fire after allegedly being gang-raped by five persons in Kotwali area near here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on the night of January 23 when the victim was forcibly abducted and raped by the accused, they said.
Depressed over the incident, she set herself on fire next evening. However, she was rushed to hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable.
Later, on the basis of a complaint, a case has been lodged against the absconding accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...