Woman sets herself on fire after gang-rape in UP
Deoria (UP): A 23-year-old woman set herself on fire after allegedly being gang-raped by five persons in Kotwali area near here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on the night of January 23 when the victim was forcibly abducted and raped by the accused, they said.
Depressed over the incident, she set herself on fire next evening. However, she was rushed to hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable.
Later, on the basis of a complaint, a case has been lodged against the absconding accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi