Woman sets herself on fire after gang-rape in UP
Deoria (UP): A 23-year-old woman set herself on fire after allegedly being gang-raped by five persons in Kotwali area near here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on the night of January 23 when the victim was forcibly abducted and raped by the accused, they said.
Depressed over the incident, she set herself on fire next evening. However, she was rushed to hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable.
Later, on the basis of a complaint, a case has been lodged against the absconding accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'