Woman shot at in Lucknow for resisting chain snatcher
Lucknow: A woman was shot at twice late Tuesday here when she resisted a chain snatcher, police said on Wednesday.
The shooting took place at around 11.30 pm when two men attacked Meenakshi, wife of a retired engineer, and tried to snatch her chain while she was opening the gate of her house.
When she resisted and raised an alarm, the bike-riding looters opened fire and shot her in stomach and leg.
The attackers then fled and are yet to be arrested.
Police are readying sketches of the culprits on the basis of information given by a neighbour, an official told a news agency.
The injured woman was admitted to a hospital and is likely to be operated later in the day. She is out of danger, said doctors.
Chain snatching has become a major menace in the state capital in the last few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you