Woman shot at in Lucknow for resisting chain snatcher
Lucknow: A woman was shot at twice late Tuesday here when she resisted a chain snatcher, police said on Wednesday.
The shooting took place at around 11.30 pm when two men attacked Meenakshi, wife of a retired engineer, and tried to snatch her chain while she was opening the gate of her house.
When she resisted and raised an alarm, the bike-riding looters opened fire and shot her in stomach and leg.
The attackers then fled and are yet to be arrested.
Police are readying sketches of the culprits on the basis of information given by a neighbour, an official told a news agency.
The injured woman was admitted to a hospital and is likely to be operated later in the day. She is out of danger, said doctors.
Chain snatching has become a major menace in the state capital in the last few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000