Woman shot at in Lucknow for resisting chain snatcher
Lucknow: A woman was shot at twice late Tuesday here when she resisted a chain snatcher, police said on Wednesday.
The shooting took place at around 11.30 pm when two men attacked Meenakshi, wife of a retired engineer, and tried to snatch her chain while she was opening the gate of her house.
When she resisted and raised an alarm, the bike-riding looters opened fire and shot her in stomach and leg.
The attackers then fled and are yet to be arrested.
Police are readying sketches of the culprits on the basis of information given by a neighbour, an official told a news agency.
The injured woman was admitted to a hospital and is likely to be operated later in the day. She is out of danger, said doctors.
Chain snatching has become a major menace in the state capital in the last few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Floods batter Assam, Arunachal; 3 die in Uttarakhand wall collapse
- Sushma Swaraj lashes out at Nawaz Sharif, says Pakistan will never succeed in making Kashmir a 'terror hell'
- Rajnath begins Kashmir visit, curfew lifted in parts of Valley
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg trumps Lewis Hamilton in Hungaroring chaos
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF