Woman shot dead in Azamgarh
Azamgarh: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly shot dead by three motorcycle borne assailants in Bhawnapur village here on Saturday, police said.
The deceased identified as Seema Yadav, was standing near her house when three motorcycle born assailants shot at her.
According to her parents, the assailants included her husband Pramod Yadav and two others, they said.
They have alleged that ever since she got married in 2011, her in-laws have been making dowry demands following which she had returned to her parents` house here, police said adding that further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter