Woman shot dead in Azamgarh
Azamgarh: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly shot dead by three motorcycle borne assailants in Bhawnapur village here on Saturday, police said.
The deceased identified as Seema Yadav, was standing near her house when three motorcycle born assailants shot at her.
According to her parents, the assailants included her husband Pramod Yadav and two others, they said.
They have alleged that ever since she got married in 2011, her in-laws have been making dowry demands following which she had returned to her parents` house here, police said adding that further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre