Woman shot dead in Azamgarh
Azamgarh: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly shot dead by three motorcycle borne assailants in Bhawnapur village here on Saturday, police said.
The deceased identified as Seema Yadav, was standing near her house when three motorcycle born assailants shot at her.
According to her parents, the assailants included her husband Pramod Yadav and two others, they said.
They have alleged that ever since she got married in 2011, her in-laws have been making dowry demands following which she had returned to her parents` house here, police said adding that further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued